When creating a startup, financing is an important step and it is good to carry out planning, to know what types of aid exist and how to prioritize them.
First lines of financing. Enisa: this is a public company that grants ‘Enisa’ financing for projects based on loans and activities related to risk capital. It is a company willing to promote small and medium-sized Spanish companies when it comes to developing innovative projects.
• Startup that is domiciled in Spain and seeks to finance an innovative project.
Neotec Program: it is in charge of supporting the creation of new companies and it does so by financing start-ups: they must develop their own technological base, that is, their activity consists of the exploitation of products/services that need to use certain technologies that come from the research activity itself, in addition to the fact that the company has a strategic approach related to the development of technology.
• Recently created (minimum 6 months and maximum 3 years)
Startup capital program: this is a grant offered to emerging technology startups, with which the initial financing is covered and which is intended for the actions derived from the business plan as well as the development and marketing of their products and services. .
• Startup of 3 tables to 3 years old.
• Technological startups
• Foreign investment less than 400,000 euros (between public and private funds)
• The founders must have in possession more than 51% of the shares of the company.
Financing lines from the second year. Cervera Program: based on the improvement of production processes, products or services, the aim is to promote and strengthen the R&D field in Spanish technology companies. The aim is to strengthen the capacities of these centers in strategic technologies, as well as promote relations with other technology companies.
• Startups with fiscal domicile in Spain.
• The projects must have a minimum participation of 10% by other technology centers.
PID Program: this program aims to provide aid to companies in which research and development projects are carried out, which are aimed at improving and creating new, more productive products or services, or improving production processes. of the organization.
• There is no type of restriction regarding the sector in which the company is located or the technology they need to develop. However, the expenses incurred to cover personnel expenses, contractual research costs or other general expenses derived from the project developed, among other expenses and costs, must be allocated precisely to the R&D activity that is intended to be supported.
EIC Accelerator: this particularly interesting program for SMEs allows financing for them through non-refundable grants with the aim that these companies can rapidly develop (as the name of the financing indicates) the creation, research and development of products that are understood to have the potential to innovate and meet needs in a more intelligent and effective way.
• Projects must be at a level 6-8 of technological development with a duration of 12-24 months.
• They must be highly risky innovations that are not capable of being easily raised economically.
• The business plan must be clear and convincing, together with a defined schedule of actions and decisions to be taken, such as decisions within the human team, financial, marketing, among others.
Red.es: is a public entity that is assigned to the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Digital Transformation. It aims to help people from both the public and private spheres who are focused on digitization, since their purpose is to promote the use of ICT.
The financing of some of the programs managed by this entity are financed by the ERDF (the European Regional Development Fund). Some of the organization’s objectives include supporting and financing the digital transformation of small businesses, their internationalization processes or the adoption of the technology that Cloud Computing is capable of offering.
Public financing lines in consortium. Collaboration CHALLENGES programs: You can finance up to 95% in different modalities. The aid of this program aims to promote collaboration between entities and R & D organizations, in order to help develop the financing of projects in this field.
• It is required that the budget of the project presented reaches half a million euros, with a duration of between 2 and 4 years.
• Criteria are taken into account to evaluate the project, such as its technical excellence, the capacity of international projection that it may have and the capacity of exploitation results that it may offer.
Cien Program: CIEN Projects aims to help those companies and professionals immersed in large R & D projects that are developed together with other business associations, which have their sights set on internationalization and planning in future strategic areas.
• There is no type of restriction regarding the sector in which the company is located or the technology they need to develop. However, all financed expenditure must necessarily derive from R&D activities.
• Each consortium must be made up of a minimum of between three and a maximum of eight companies, at least two of these being autonomous and one considered to be an SME.
Innotec: this is an aid that finances from 25% to 70% of a project, as long as they are developed by Catalan companies and are aimed at encouraging R&D projects.
-Companies must be in collaboration with a TECNIO accredited DTP Public Technology developer.
Financing for expert personnel. Torres Quevedo: this program consists of providing economic aid to technological organizations at the state level, as well as to business associations or other organizations with a similar scope with the aim of financing the salary and the social security fee that the company must pay during each of the 3 years that said grants last, which are also intended for carrying out R&D activities and projects carried out over time in the company.
• The professional researcher must have a Doctor’s degree.
• The contract between the company and the researcher must be indefinite, full-time.
• Each company has a limit of 3 applications, each one of them aimed at hiring a specific researcher, in addition to the fact that he or she is focused on carrying out a different project from the others.
Industrial doctorates: as long as the purpose of these subsidies is specified, they are directed for a number of 4 years with the purpose of training Doctors in the Industrial Research branch or in the experimental development branch.
• The doctoral thesis of the researchers must be aimed at the development of a project focused on the aforementioned branches, together with the collaboration with the company or with the same and another public or private body.